My childbirth: the story of a beginning - part I // Il mio parto: la storia di un inizio - parte I

The morning of my labor these beautiful flowers bloomed // La mattina del travaglio sono sfioriti questi fiori nel nostro giardino

The morning of my labor these beautiful flowers bloomed // La mattina del travaglio sono sfioriti questi fiori nel nostro giardino

Testo in italiano qui sotto.


Monday, April 2, the day after Easter at 8.30 I get up a bit later than normal and I go down to the first floor to pee. Here my water broke and I lost the mucus plug. The evening before Kasper and I had watched a movie in peace and I remember the feeling that there was something different in the baby's movements. Even the uterus gave me a feeling that something was going to happen, but I can't explain exactly why. In the night I had slept perfectly and I did't wake up once. In short, an impeccable sleep like I hadn’t had for weeks. And so, here I was, calling Kasper, overwhelmed by enthusiasm; it was finally time. Two days before, my grandfather had called my mother reminding her that with the full moon the children normally want to arrive two days earlier or two days later. My aunt Gloria had sent me a message on Sunday morning where she said: “Remember that Saturday there was a full moon; the small one will arrive between today and tomorrow". Inside of me I knew that the little one wanted to let us spend Easter in peace with our friends in Svaneke (a town near our house) and maybe somehow I already knew that my friend and doula Stéphanie would be there too with me (she had already planned a trip to France for the days just after my term).

I go back to my room to rest for a moment, embrace Kasper and say to him "Do you know what will happen between today and tomorrow, probably?", He smiles. We are happy and serene. I decide to take it easy, I still do not have any contractions and I still have time to do yoga, probably my last long session for a while, I thought. I enjoy my practice to the end and at the end of the meditation I read my affirmations for the birth that I have introduced in my morning practice in the last weeks. My breakfast is long and simple. At the same time Kasper frantically gets going with the last 'nesting' tasks, and really fast he finishes the work of small things to get our home delivery room in the living room ready. In no time the forgotten shelves for the wall are already up and all those mini jobs left aside were all done in half an hour. He even brings some fire wood in to warm up the house for the evening and blankets and washed towels.

We call the midwife as advised in the case of water breakage. My water is transparent and everything seems to be going well. I begin to have small contractions, feeling like menstruation pains, or maybe even a little milder. The midwife tells me that she will be here in no more than 40 minutes. At around 11.30 she knocks on the door. Kasper welcomes her and she comes in. She's new to us, one of the midwifes we haven't met yet. Her name is Maja and she has a beautiful smile and a very sweet face. Kasper doesn’t wait long with presenting and letting her read my wish-list for the birth: a very important letter for us in which all of our wishes and desires for delivery and post-delivery was described in every detail. We want a non-medicalized birth at home. We ask for the least possible intervention and a full section in the letter is dedicated to the case where we’d have to transfer to the hospital.

Maja immediately comes to see me: pressure ok, heart-beat ok, dilation zero, very small contractions. Maja tells me: "let's accelerate this labor, we want a bit more contractions”. She tells me to get on my back and massages me on my legs and feet. "Reflexology helps”, she says before she moves on to ‘rebozo’ (and old tradition where you shake and massage the belly with a scarf around it) and it quickly turns out that she's a true master and seems to know everything about it. We try different positions, the most effective, she says, is the one with two people standing up, one holding me under the arms and the other in front using the scarf. She explains to us that it awakens the uterus and stimulates contractions. Before she leaves again, I go up to my room where she gives me an acupuncture session, also to stimulate the contractions. Kasper tells her about my fear of needles but I almost feel like I've simply overcome it after a few minutes. My body is full of needles and I try to relax and even sleep. And I can. She takes out the needles after 40 minutes and a few minutes later the slightly stronger contractions begin. "Sleep and eat", she tells me, "Afterwards you will not have the time or the desire to do it". She advises us to make love and exchange affection: "We'll need high levels of oxytocin", she says. "Call me back when the contractions are constant every 5 minutes." She leaves.

All of a sudden it seems to speed up and the stronger contractions arrive. It takes a few hours before they get constant. The water is going down more and more, a little at the time. It's clear, but I start to bleed a little bit each time. I know it's a good sign. I pray that my cervix dilates more and more. I'm very concentrated. I know what it takes. I listen to my body and start little by little to estrange myself from the world at hand and start flying in other dimensions.

I connect with the breath and count in my head at every pressure. Kasper calls Stephanie, my dear doula and friend and she doesn’t waste any time. "I'll be there in 20 minutes". When she arrives, I pass from one station to the other: sofa to yoga mat to pilates ball. I start to create a routine and I relax more and more. I begin to really observe my breath and to count the time of the contractions. Stephanie knows rebozo well also and immediately we start. She is full of energy and enthusiasm and I am so happy to have her by my side. She gives me a feeling of safety. Time passes quickly, but by now the contractions are every 4-5 minutes. It seems like they're stabilizing. We decide to call Maja back. Stephanie is here with us all the time. She follows me during every contraction, she watches me and we breathe together. Kasper starts counting the contractions every time I feel pain or pressure. Maja checks my dilatation, it is only 2-3 cm (she actually does not give numbers, she says it's almost a two-finger large opening now). She gives me another acupuncture session that seems to works well. Now it's been 13 hours and we have to start talking about the risks if the labor does not continue on faster. She tells me that according to the hospital procedure I should go to the hospital, when more than 10 hours have passed since there's a small risk of infection and that only in hospital can they give me antibiotics to treat this. Kasper and I look into her eyes and ask if we're really at that point … She says, "I think we can give it a few more hours for the dilation to develop. Let’s give it a chance". So we avoid going to the hospital this time around and Maja goes back home again as her shift ends.

I continue my labor at home with Kasper and Stephanie. The night is coming now and it’s now 10.30 in the evening and the contractions allow me to relax for no more than a few minutes at the time. Kasper and Stephanie propose that we all rest at least an hour. Kasper prepares the rooms for us and we go up in our bedroom. My rest is not really working as the contractions are getting stronger. I decide to go down and back to the pilates ball. Kasper goes down with me and lights the fire stove. Now I can't stand any more clothes and I take off my pants and I just wear the bare minimum. 

A new phase of contractions now sets in. Stephanie wakes up and calls the midwife on duty, this time Rikke, my very first midwife, who we met before moving here to Bornholm. She is very sweet and when she arrives she greets me with “Hi, sweetie!" and hugs me. How nice to see her again. I continue my breathing routine between my stations. She checks me and the dilation and it still corresponds to about two fingers, no big improvement. Rikke does the same thing as Maja before, she has to advise me to go to the hospital because of the infection risk. She tells me that it's the procedure. Inside I think to myself that I can do it, I can give birth at home! I want at least to get to the point that the dilation is such that I can get into the water in my birthing pool and see what happens. Rikke has to leave again and go back to the hospital. We say goodbye and we stay at home.

After this the contractions are starting to get much stronger. Breathing is the key to the process and I have now found my rhythm: Kasper counts, Stephanie massages my back, pause, rebozo with both of them, I take a drink of water and we restart. Kasper makes me visualize the waves of the ocean and that I ride the wave to the shore like a dolphin. It works. In the most difficult moments Kasper shows me a video of a rose that opens up in time lapse. He tells me "that's you, you'll open the same way, like a flower, it will be fine”. It's a dark night and I lean on the sill of the window, seeking support and notice that the neighbor has had the TV turned on for a hours and I sigh. The sighs are not alone anymore, the contractions are now accompanied by clear vocalizations. They help me to relax all the muscles of my body. More and more intense they accompany me towards the more active part of the labor. And here we are, I can enter the birthing pool after around 22 hours to relax my body and relieve the contractions. I'm exhausted, now almost at the limit of my energy and I feel it. When I’m in the water, without me noticing it, Kasper has already arranged everything. The water is the perfect temperature and I don't need anything else in this moment.

Birth of Anouk-42.jpg

I float in the water and feel that my body relaxes immediately, almost as if it were dissolving. The waves come in (contractions), but they have a different shape in the water, or rather they slow down and are much more bearable. I enjoy this moment when time stops and I enter into new dimensions. I relax deeply and breath. Breathe. Stephanie and Kasper realize that my contractions are more and more sparse and the labor is slowing down, now only every 7-8 minutes. They help me get up, I'm half in the water and half in the arms of Kasper. Here, I feel the pressures coming in as waves. I’m standing there in the water, rocking on him and time stops again. It's time to go out, the contractions are too far apart. I go out after almost an hour in. I dry myself quickly. Kasper has lit the stove again and it's really hot. I'm naked and I feel that my clothes are too tight. I feel like my skin needs to breathe. I have no idea what time it is, but the light outside is gradually coming back. I think it's almost morning. Time and space still don't exist. My body is strong, but tired and I feel I need to sleep, but I can't do it.

Morning has come and now Maja is back too. She's on duty again and here she is in our house. I'm happy to see her and we have another check-up. My dilation doesn't seem to have developed much. She looks at me and tells me: "Do you know that this labor could go on for a while?" I nod, I know it's going too slowly and I’m quite tired. It’s now been 25 hours since the water broke and she now finally tell me with a more serious tone of voice, "I think it's time to go to the hospital. Of course the choice is always yours, but my advice is to go to the hospital because of a very real risk of infection for the fetus. The risk is there because it’s so many hours since the water broke."



I trust Maja, a lot, and I talk with Kasper and I know that now I need extra support. For me it’s OK to go the hospital, because my dream is not home birth itself. For me it's a sweet, conscious birth, surrounded by people whom I love and respect. 

Birth of Anouk-41 (1).jpg

We make the decision together, to move to the hospital. Maja hugs me and tells me "You'll see that everything will go very well. Just prepare some things that you love, decoration, pillows, candles, music, blankets, essential oils, towels ... Meanwhile I'll call my colleagues at the hospital and tell them to prepare and I'll make sure that you have a spacious room and the lights are low and the shutters closed."

Stephanie prepares the things needed and the car in incredible speed and we all go in her van, a military-style super van. I'm lying in the back seats with Kasper massaging my back, I want to get there as soon as possible. I tell Stephanie to drive fast and she just smiles. I feel every contraction deeply and count down with Kasper. I just want to get up and stand up, move freely. The journey seems endless, but somehow I feel happy, I feel the excitement of the approach of the actual event. I realize that now there is little time left before I’ll get to know the little new being. A completely surreal thought. We arrive and I realize that I have no more time to waste. I do not want to 'throw away' my energy in other things, this little one wants to be born. So I jump out of the van (almost literally) and very fast make my way to the entrance doors of the hospital with Kasper on my side as I’m thinking, "soon a wave is going to come". I call it like this, the contractions, 'waves', I hope to arrive in the right room in time and instead I have to stop and follow my wave, vocalizing out loudly and counting inside my head. I am standing here in the middle of several people, right at the entrance, supported by Kasper who's carrying my thousands of pillows and various items for the room. But I don't care at all, I'm just riding the wave. The midwife Maja, almost surprised with my high energy, asks me “Do you want to climb the stairs or use the elevator?", I say "No, okay, come on, maybe the elevator this time, but I hope to get out of here using the stairs” We all smile and she tells me that she has no doubts. And then another wave sets in. In extreme speed almost as if I had teleported, we are in the delivery room (all on foot, with no damn wheelchair, I thought). The lights are low in the room as promised and everything is quiet. Only my personal things are missing and Stephanie is already pulling them all out of the giant backpack, takes off my jacket and makes me sit on the pilates ball. Here begins another part of the journey.


Il mio parto: la storia di un inizio

Il travaglio in casa

Lunedì 2 aprile il giorno dopo Pasqua alle 8.30 mi alzo un po' più tardi rispetto al normale e scendo già da basso per fare pipí: mi si sono rotte le acque e ho perso il tappo mucoso.

La sera prima Kasper ed io avevamo guardato un film in tranquillità e ricordo la sensazione che nei movimenti della piccola c'era qualcosa di diverso, anche l'utero mi dava la sensazione che stava per succedere qualcosa, non so esattamente spiegare il perché. la notte avevo dormito perfettamente e non mi sono svegliata neanche una volta, insomma un sonno impeccabile che ormai da settimane non capitava piú. E cosí eccomi lí a chiamare Kasper in preda all'entusiasmo: era arrivato finalmente il momento.

Due giorni prima mio nonno aveva chiamato mia madre ricordandole che con la luna piena i bimbi normalmente vogliono arrivare due giorni prima o due giorni dopo, mia zia Gloria mi aveva mandato un messaggio proprio domenica mattina, diceva : "ricorda che sabato c'é stata la luna piena, il/la piccolo/a arrivera tra oggi e domani". Dentro di me sapevo che la/il piccola/o voleva farmi passare la Pasqua in pace con i nostri amici a Svaneke (una cittadina vicino a casa nostra) e forse in qualche modo giá sapevo che anche la mia amica e doula Stéphanie sarebbe stata lí con me (aveva giá un viaggio programmato proprio per i giorni dopo il mio termine).

Torno in camera a riposarmi un attimo, abbraccio Kasper e gli dico "Sai che che arriverá tra oggi e domani probabilmente?", lui sorride, siamo felici e sereni. Decido di prendermela con calma, non ho ancora nessuna contrazione e ho ancora del tempo per fare yoga, probabilmente la mia ultima sessione lunga per un po', pensavo. Mi godo la mia pratica fino in fondo e alla fine della meditazione leggo le mie affermazioni per il parto che ho introdotto nella mia pratica mattutina nelle ultime settimane. La mia colazione é lunga e semplice. Kasper inizia la sua fase "nesting" quasi disperatissimo, velocissimo termina i lavori delle piccole cose per preparare la nostra sala parto giú da basso. In quattro e quattr'otto le mensole dimenticate a lato sono giá su e tutti quei mini lavoretti lasciati da parte erano giá tutti fatti in mezz'ora. Porta sú un po' di legna per la sera e le coperte e asciugamani lavati.

Chiamiamo l'ostetrica come consigliato nel caso della rottura delle acque. Le mie acque sono trasparenti e tutto sembra andare per il meglio. Inizio ad avere delle piccole contrazioni da mestruazioni, anzi forse anche un po' piú lievi. L'ostetrica mi fa sapere che arriverá da lí a 40 minuti. Verso le 11.30 lei bussa alla porta, Kasper l'accoglie e lei si presenta. Il suo nome é Maja ed ha un bellissimo sorriso e un viso dolcissimo. Kasper non aspetta troppo a farle leggere la mia lista dei desideri per il parto: una lettera importantissima per noi in cui ogni nostro desiderio nei confronti del parto e del post parto é indicato in ogni dettaglio. Desideriamo un parto non medicalizzato e in casa.

Chiediamo il minor intervento possibile e una sezione é dedicata con precisione nel caso di trasferimento all'ospedale.

Maja mi visita subito, pressione ok, battito piccola/a ok, dilatazione zero, contrazioni bassissime. Maja mi dice "vediamo di accelerare questo travaglio, vogliamo un po' di contrazioni", mi massaggia da sdraiata gambe e piedi, “la riflessologia aiuta” dice lei. Passiamo al rebozo, lei é un vero master, sa tutto sul rebozo. Proviamo diverse posizioni, quella piú efficace, dice lei, é quella da in piedi con due persone in piedi, ci spiega che risveglia l'utero e stimola le contrazioni.

Vado su in camera e lei arriva per una sessione di agopuntura, lei é bravissima. Kasper le dice della mia paura degli aghi e sento di averla quasi superata, in pochi minuti. Ho il corpo pieno di aghi e cerco di rilassarmi e addirittura dormire. Ci riesco. Lei mi toglie gli aghi dopo 40 minuti e qualche minuto dopo iniziano le contrazioni leggermente piú forti. "Dormi e mangia" mi dice " Dopo non avrai né il tempo né la voglia di farlo". Ci consiglia di fare l'amore e scambiarci affetto, abbiamo bisogno di livelli alti di ossitocina dice lei. "Richiamami quando le contrazioni sono costanti, ogni 5 minuti" e cosí riparte.

Tutto all'improvviso sembra velocizzarsi e le contrazioni arrivano. Prima che siano costanti passa qualche ora peró. Le acque scendono sempre piú poco alla volta, sono limpide ma inizio a sanguinare un pochino ogni volta. So che é un buon segno. Prego che la mia cervice si dilati sempre piú. Sono concentratissima. So che cosa ci vuole. Ascolto il mio corpo ed inizio poco alla volta ad estraniarmi dal mondo presente ed inizio a volare in altre dimensioni. Mi connetto col respiro e conto nella mia testa ad ogni pressione. Kasper chiama Stephanie, la mia cara doula e amica, lei non esita, "arrivo tra 20 minuti". Quando lei arriva, io passo da una stazione e l'altra: divano-tappetino di yoga- palla da pilates. Inizio a creare una routine e mi rilasso sempre piú. Inizio a considerare il mio respiro e conto durante le contrazioni. Stephanie conosce bene il rebozo e subito iniziamo. Lei é piena di energie ed entusiasmo ed io sono felicissima di averla al mio fianco, mi dà sicurezza. Il tempo passa in fretta, ma questa volta le contrazioni sono ogni 4-5 minuti.

Sembra che si stiano stabilizzando. Chiamiamo Maja che torna subito. Stephanie é con noi tutto il tempo. Mi segue durante ogni contrazione, mi osserva e respiriamo insieme. Kasper inizia a contare ogni volta che sento dolore o pressione. Maja controlla la mia dilatazione, é di soli 2-3 cm (lei in realtá non dá numeri, dice che é lo spazio quasi per due dita). Un'altra sessione di agopuntura che funziona benissimo. Ormai sono passate 13 ore e dobbiamo iniziare a parlare dei rischi nel caso in cui il travaglio non continuasse piú velocemente. Mi dice che secondo la procedura ospedaliera dovrei andare in ospedale, quando passano piú di 10 ore c'é un alto rischio di infezione e che solo in ospedale possono somministrarmi l'antibiotico per evitare ció. Kasper ed io la guardiamo negli occhi e le chiediamo se siamo a quel punto...e lei:" io credo che possiamo darci qualche ora in piú per la dilatazione, diamoci una chance". Rifiutiamo così di andare in ospedale, lei torna a casa, finisce il turno.

Io continuo il mio travaglio a casa con Kasper e Stephanie. Arriva la notte ormai siamo verso le 22.30 e le contrazioni mi permettono di rilassarmi solo per qualche minuto. Kasper e Stephanie propongono di riposare almeno un'oretta, Kasper prepara le camere e saliamo per riposare. Il mio riposo non ha successo, le contrazioni si fanno sempre piú forti. Decido di scendere e torno sulla palla da pilates. Kasper scende con me ed accende il fuoco. Ormai non sopporto piú nessun vestito indosso, mi tolgo i pantaloni e ho il minimo indispensabile. 

Inizia ora una fase diversa. Stephanie si sveglia e chiama l'ostetrica di turno, questa volta é Rikke, la mia primissima ostetrica, la prima che incontrai prima di trasferirci qui a Bornholm. Lei é dolcissima, quando arriva mi saluta "Hi sweetie!" e mi abbraccia. Che bello rivederla. Continuo la mia routine di respirazioni tra le mie stazioni. Lei  mi controlla e la mia dilatazione corrisponde a due dita, nessun grande miglioramento. Rikke fa la stessa cosa, deve consigliarmi di andare in ospedale. Mi dice che ormai é la procedura. Dentro di me penso che ce la posso fare, voglio almeno arrivare al punto che la dilatazione é tale da poter entrare in acqua nella mia vasca e vedere che succede. Lei deve tornare in ospedale. Ci lasciamo. Noi rimaniamo.

Birth of Anouk-35.jpg

Ora le contrazioni sono molto piú forti, ci siamo, la respirazione é la chiave del mio travaglio e ho trovato il mio ritmo fisso: Kasper conta, Stephanie mi massaggia la schiena, pausa, rebozo con entrambi, bevo un sorso d’acqua e si ricomincia. Kasper mi fa visualizzare le onde dell'oceano ed io che risalgo l'onda fino al bagnasciuga. Funziona. Nei momenti piu difficili Kasper mi fa vedere un video di una rosa che sfiorisce e si apre in time lapse. Mi dice "quella sei tu, ti aprirai allo stesso modo, come un fiore, andrà benissimo”

È notte fonda e sono appoggiata al davanzale della sala, il vicino ha la tv accesa da un po' di ore, mi appoggio e sospiro. I sospiri non sono piú soli, le contrazioni ora sono accompagnate da vocalizzazioni, mi aiutano a rilassare tutti i muscoli del mio corpo, sempre piú intense mi accompagnano verso la parte piú attiva del travaglio. Ci siamo, posso entrare in vasca, sono passate 22 ore. Sono esausta, ormai sono quasi al limite delle mie energie e lo sento. Entro in acqua, Kasper senza che me ne accorgessi ha giá sistemato tutto, l'acqua é della temperatura perfetta ed io non aspetto altro.

Fluttuo nell'acqua e sento che il mio corpo si rilassa di immediato, quasi come si dissolvesse. Arrivano le onde (contrazioni), ma hanno tutta una forma diversa in acqua, anzi rallentano e sono molto piú sopportabili. Mi godo questo momento in cui il tempo si ferma ed entro in nuove dimensioni, mi rilasso profondamente e respiro. Respiro. Stephanie e Kasper si accorgono che le mie contrazioni sono sempre piú rade e il travaglio si sta rallentando, ormai sono ogni 7-8 minuti. Mi alzo, sono metà in acqua e metá tra le braccia di Kasper. Ecco, sento le pressioni che arrivano come onde. Dondolo su di lui e il tempo si ferma di nuovo. E' ora di uscire, le contrazioni sono troppo rade.

Esco dopo quasi un'ora. Mi asciugo in fretta, Kasper ha acceso la stufa e fa davvero caldo sono nuda e sento che i vestiti mi stanno troppo stretti, sento come se la mia pelle abbia necessitá di respirare.

Non ho idea di che ore siano, ma la luce fuori si sta poco alla volta schiarendo, credo sia quasi mattina. Tempo e spazio ancora non esistono piú. Il mio corpo é forte ma stanco e sento di aver bisogno di dormire, ma non ce la faccio.

E' tornata la mattina, ora é tornata Maja. E' di nuovo di turno ed eccola a casa nostra. Sono felice di rivederla e facciamo un bel controllo. La mia dilatazione non sembra essere andata troppo oltre, mi guarda e mi dice "Sai vero che questo travaglio potrebbe andare avanti per un bel po'?" Annuisco, so che sta andando troppo lentamente e sono un bel po' stanca. Sono ormai passate 25 ore da quando le acque si sono rotte, Maja mi comunica con un tono giá piú serio: "Credo che sia arrivato il momento di andare in ospedale, certo la scelta é sempre la tua, ma il mio consiglio é quello di andare in ospedale solo per una questione di rischio di infezione per il feto, il rischio c'é perché ti si sono giá rotte le acque da un bel po' di ore"

La transizione in ospedale

Mi fido di Maja, tantissimo, ne parlo con Kasper e so che ormai ho bisogno di un extra supporto, per me é ok perché il mio sogno non é il parto in casa in sè, per me é quello di un parto dolce, consapevole, attorniata da persone che amo e che stimo.

Decidiamo insieme di trasferirci in ospedale. Lei mi abbraccia e mi dice " Vedrai che andrá tutto benissimo, prepara le cose che piú ami, ogni dettaglio e decorazione, cuscini, candele, musica, coperte, olii essenziali, asciugamani...Io nel frattempo chiamo le colleghe e mi assicuro che tu abbia una sala spaziosa e che le luci siano basse e le persiane chiuse. Andiamo, ti accompagno io".

Stephanie prepara le cose e la macchina in una velocità incredibile, andiamo con il suo van, un super van da viaggio color verde militare, sono sdraiata nei sedili posteriori con Kasper che mi massaggia la schiena, voglio arrivare il prima possibile, dico a Stephanie di guidare velocissimo e lei sorride. Sento ogni contrazione profondamente e faccio il conto alla rovescia, voglio solo arrivare e stare in piedi, muovermi liberamente. Il viaggio sembra infinito, ma in qualche modo mi sento felice, sento l'emozione dell'avvicinamento dell'evento, mi rendo conto che ormai manca poco per conoscere la piccola creatura. Un’ assurdità quasi.

Arriviamo e mi rendo conto che non ho piú tempo da perdere, non voglio "sprecare" le mie energie in altre cose, questa creatura vuole nascere. Salto fuori dal van (quasi letteralmente) cammino velocissima verso le porte d'ingresso dell'ospedale e penso "fra poco arriva un'onda" le chiamo cosí dentro di me le contrazioni, "onde". Spero di arrivare nella sala giusto in tempo e invece mi devo fermare e seguo la mia onda vocalizzando e contando dentro la mi testa, sono in mezzo a parecchie persone, giusto all'ingresso e mi appoggio a Kasper che sta portando i miei mille cuscini e vari oggetti cari, ma non mi importa del resto, io sono sull'onda.

L'ostetrica Maja, quasi sorpresa dalle mie energie mi dice "vuoi fare le scale o usiamo l'ascensore?", le dico "No vabbé dai, forse l'ascensore ‘sta volta, però spero di uscire da qui usando le scale" sorridiamo e mi dice che non ha dubbi. Ed ecco un'altra onda. In velocitá estrema quasi come se mi fossi teletrasportata, siamo in sala parto (tutti a piedi, al diavolo la carrozzina, pensavo). Le luci sono abbassate ed é tutto quieto, ci sono le poltrone ed é tutto tranquillo, mancano solo le mie cose e Stephanie le sta giá tirando fuori dallo zaino, mi toglie la giacca e mi fa sedere sulla palla da pilates. Ecco, ora inizia un'altra parte del viaggio.